When it comes to buying a new home you will want to have a Realtor on your side working on your behalf to find you the perfect home that meets your needs. Choosing a Realtor doesn't have to be complicated but just as you’ll look at various houses to find the perfect one to call home, so should you interview various Realtors. You’ll know when you find the perfect one to work with you because it will be a good fit from the start and they will listen closely to what you want or don’t want.
To help you with the interview process we are suggesting 10 important questions you may want to ask. Their answers may be wide and varied and it's ultimately up to you to decide whom you feel most comfortable with.
1. How long have you worked in this area selling real estate? Is it your full-time job?
2. Are you a Realtor, an agent or a broker? Please explain the differences to us.
3. How many homes did you and your agency sell in the past year?
4. How close to the asking price were the homes that you sold?
5. Will you be advising us on what is an acceptable vs. a non-acceptable offer?
6. Can we trust you to work with us right through the closing?
7. Will you be able to recommend other service providers that we will need – home inspectors, mortgage companies, contractors?
8. What is your own personal business philosophy when it comes to helping families with buying and selling real estate?
9. What types of specific techniques and approaches will you use to find us a home?
10. Will you provide us with the names and phone numbers of recent clients you’ve worked with who have agreed to be references?
At Sloan Realty we believe the answers you’re given to these 10 questions will help you in choosing a Realtor to be in your corner when it comes to buying your next home. We’d love to be that Realtor and would be happy to talk with you about what you’re looking for. Please feel free to call us at 843-449-0835 or 1-800-476-1760.