When it comes to buying a new home you will want to have a compatible Realtor on your side working on your behalf to find you that perfect home. Choosing a Realtor doesn't have to be a complicated process but just as you’ll look at various houses to find the perfect one to call home, so should you interview various real estate agents. You’ll know when you find the right one because it will be a good fit from the start and they will listen closely to what you want and don’t want.
Following are 10 important questions you should be sure to ask your prospective agent. The answers may vary but it's up to you to decide whom you feel most comfortable with.
1. How long have you worked in this area selling real estate? Is this your full-time job?
2. Are you a Realtor, an agent or a broker? Please explain the differences to us.
3. How many homes did you and your agency sell in the past year?
4. How close to the asking price were the homes that you sold?
5. Will you be advising us on what is an acceptable vs. a non-acceptable offer?
6. Can we trust you to work with us right through the closing?
7. Will you be able to recommend other service providers that we will need – home inspectors, mortgage companies, contractors?
8. What is your own personal business philosophy when it comes to helping families with buying and selling real estate?
9. What types of specific techniques and approaches will you use to find us a home?
10. Will you provide us with the names and phone numbers of recent clients you’ve worked with who have agreed to be references?
At Sloan Realty we believe the answers you’re given to these 10 questions will help you in choosing a Realtor to be in your corner when it comes to buying your next home. We’d love to be that Realtor and would be happy to talk with you about what you’re looking for. Please feel free to call us at 843-449-0835 or 1-800-476-1760.